Handling Coronavirus Issues at Your Law Firm
The below is an email I sent to my law firm clients about initial steps to take as a result of the Coronavirus. I will be adding more information to this blog as time goes on.
I wanted to touch base with you about how Coronavirus may impact your firm and also offer my assistance where it may be helpful.
One recommendation I have is simply to offer more information to your clients. More on that below.
Second, this situation may open additional avenues for you to help clients who really need it while also ensuring that revenues remain strong at your firm. So I would be interested in having that discussion as well.
In terms of communication, I’m suggesting the creation of a section on the firm’s website to address Coronavirus. This could be done by having a general page with a couple short paragraphs, followed by a number of links to sub-pages which address specific issues of interest to clients. Those sub-pages may cover the below, along with others we would determine to be important over time:
- Our firm’s availability during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Steps our office has taken to ensure the safety of staff and visitors
- Practical implications the COVID-19 outbreak may have on your case
- Strategic implications the COVID-19 outbreak may have on your case
- What to do if you have other legal issues as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Where can you get further assistance
Once we develop this content, we can drive traffic to it via a number of sources, including a notice at the top of the website home page, Facebook, LinkedIn, email signatures, and more. We can also direct existing and prospective clients to the appropriate website page for more information if the volume of calls into the office start to become an issue.
Would you like to discuss the above in more detail via phone?